Please feel free to email me at email@example.com.
Result-oriented computer information system specialist with more than 20 years of increasingly responsible experience as a business management and information technology expert in both the public and private sectors.
Major skills are:
- System Design and Management
- Analysis / Problem Solving
- Planning / Organizing
- Communication (Written and Verbal)
EDUCATION and CERTIFICATIONS
- Master of Business Administration, Duke University, Fuqua School of Business Administration.
- Bachelor of Arts Degree, Duke University.
- Two year M.B.A. Graduate School of Business fellowship, Duke University.
Related Course Work:
- Cost Accounting, Financial Accounting, Organizational Behavior, Finance, Statistics, Macro & Micro Economics, Finance for Capital Markets and Entrepreneurial Studies
Awards and Honors
- Four year undergraduate scholarship, Duke University
TECHNICAL SKILLS SUMMARY
Operating System Software:
- Mainframe: OS/VS, OS/MVS, JES2, HASP, JCL
- Minicomputer: Primos, VMS
- Networks: Novell NetWare, IBM Local Area Network Server, Microsoft's Local Area Network Manager, IBM OS/2 LAN Server.
- Microcomputer: PC Disk Operating System, OS/2, Microsoft's Windows, Microsoft Windows for Workgroups
- Mainframe: COBOL, PL1, FORTRAN, SAS, SPSS, CICS, TSO, SPF
- Minicomputer: IFPS, FORTRAN, BASIC, FMS, Oracle
- Microcomputer: Lotus 123, Quattro Pro, Dataflex, Dbase, Clipper, Oracle, Microsoft's SQL Server
Application Programs and Development Tools:
- Microcomputer: Microsoft SQL Server, Quattro Pro, WordPerfect, WordStar, Harvard Graphics, Imara Imaging Software, Sytos, Lotus, Dbase, Clipper, FoxPro, Clarion, Microsoft-Access, Microsoft-Visual Basic
- Consultant, Arlington Housing Authority (AHA), Arlington, Texas, 4/1988 to present.
- Assisted the Executive Director in developing, monitoring, and implementing a comprehensive automation strategy for current and future information systems.
- Researched, analyzed, and recommended hardware and software options for purchase (also engage in hardware trouble-shooting as needed).
- Offered user training to staff at their level of technical literacy.
- Participated as a team member in the development of structure and content for the strategic plan which included: Staffing, Communication, Technology, Building, and Finance components.
- Coordinated communication and activities with the City of Arlington’s Data Processing Department.
- Developed financial models which provide a means for analyzing a five-year projection for strategic planning.
- Provided management support for administration of current housing programs and participating as a team member in the planning aspect of future programs, such as Family Self-Sufficiency, HOME, TBRS, and the Temporary Housing Program (THP).
- Organized and implemented a comprehensive information systems technology which enabled the AHA staff to achieve a higher level of efficiency and effectiveness.
- Specified a manageable course of action to prepare the AHA for the next evolution in software systems.
- Developed a hardware system replacement strategy.
- Upgraded the system from the Microsoft local area network file server to IBM OS/2 LAN Server which commands a far more impressive list of capabilities, such as file access control, system level security, fault tolerance, system auditing, and enhanced printer control.
- Analyzed, evaluated, and recommended installation of an image processing system which has reduced filing requirements and produced near-immediate access to documents.
- Additionally, I have enhanced an original computer-based housing system to accomplish the following:
- Operate in a multi-user environment which reduced response time and the occurrence of system errors.
- Reduce the opportunity for fraud by clients attempting to obtain additional deductions for dependent children not living in their household.
- Incorporated various HUD forms previously completed by hand.
- Conform with HUD's regulations regarding the Section 8 Waiting List.
- Include an Inspection Tracking function and the ability to generate routing documents which were previously completed manually.
- Employ a system for generating standard form letters and notifications.
- Implement audit reporting for accuracy verification.
- Utilize electronic file transfer to enable processing of HAP checks on the City of Arlington’s mainframe computer. (Previously checks had to be re-entered into the mainframe manually by the Housing staff at the end of each month.)
- Actively participated in the planning, development and finalization of the annual budget, and also designed a budgeting software package, which will simplify the overall budgeting process.
- Recently played a major role in developing and analyzing various strategy options for addressing the problems associated with Pebble Creek litigation. Calculated the dollar amount that Pebble Creek owed as a result of HUD's determination that numerous units had been receiving excessive subsidies and others were altogether ineligible for the Moderate Rehabilitation Program.
- Independent Management Consultant, 10/1983 to present.
- Designed, developed, and implemented various applications including:
- job costing
- inventory control
- construction management
- membership tracking
- waste volume tracking
- billing systems
- Participated as a member of a company-wide image processing committee that included requirements analysis for the legal division of a major soft drink manufacturer.
- Provided project management for a staff of five and a budget that
- exceeded one million dollars. Administrated a myriad of projects ranging
- from international contract monitoring to case management.
- Evaluated hardware and software options for multi-million dollar companies.
- Provided assistance with installation and testing of various hardware components.
- Developed End User training support programs.
- Consultant, SGS Microelectronics, Inc., Dallas, Texas, 12/1987 to 11/1988
- Designed, developed, and implemented a financial modeling system for budget management, consolidation, tracking, and expenditure projections.
- Consultant, Sohio Petroleum Company, Dallas, Texas, 11/1983 to 12/1987
- Redesigned and maintained Sohio Technology Data Center's (TDC) internal Budget and Disbursement database.
- Designed, developed, and implemented Sohio TDC's Authorization for Expenditure tracking system.
- Designed, developed, and implemented company-wide Engineer and Geoscientist training database.
- Business Analyst, Republic Bank, Dallas, NA - Dallas, Texas, 8/1981 to 11/1983
- Provided data processing support for Energy Group.
- Recommended software and hardware systems which analyzed oil and gas well reserves, loan modeling, and yield projections. This was projected to contribute $125 million in savings and net income over the following five years.
- Designed major database for storing 2.6 gigabytes of oil and gas well historical data.
- Supervised installation, testing, and operation of Prime Systems in Dallas, Houston, Denver, and Midland.
- Coordinated policies and procedures for Prime System operation with Vice Presidents of Engineering and Operations Departments.
- Rewrote several loan reporting programs to take advantage of the IBM 3800 printer's advanced capabilities.
- Maintained 30,000 line COBOL program and its 150 reporting programs for the International Loan Department.
- System Programmer, Duke University Computation Center (DUCC), 1979 to 8/1981
- Assisted in conversion of OS/VS to OS/MVS.
- Wrote interface program between accounting system and OS/MVS operating systems to replace a function of HASP.
- Developed accounting interfaces for CICS which collected SMF information and reports for the Director of DUCC.
- Programmer, Duke University Business and Finance Department, 7/1977 to 9/1979
- Designed, programmed, tested, and implemented data entry system for Grant Office.
- Responsible for data communications and security.
References available upon request.
- Elected President of Management Development Program
- Elected and served as a board member on the Duke University Credit Union Board
- Taught classes to businesses on various PC software packages
- Working knowledge of Spanish
- Basketball coach for under-privileged children
- Volunteer for the Edgemont Community Development Center
- Drafted by the Kansas City Kings professional basketball team
Go Home | Email firstname.lastname@example.org with questions or comments.